Opera Memphis auditions for chorus and comprimari singers yearly in the spring and as needed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with audition-related inquiries.
REGIONAL SINGER AUDITIONS
Opera Memphis is looking for Mid-South singers for its upcoming season! Opportunities for classically trained singers, as well, as those with experience in musical theatre.
Thursday, April 26, 2018 (5:30pm-8:30pm)
Friday, April 27, 2018 (5:30pm-8:30pm)
PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES IN 2018-2019 include
Principal and Comprimario Roles
30 Days of Opera performances (September)
Outreach performances (All Season)
auditions are by appointment only
For any questions or to set an audition time, contact Sarah Squire, Director of Operations, at (901)202-4548 by email.
Things to know for the audition
- If auditioning for the chorus, please prepare and memorize 2 contrasting songs. Be aware that we may only hear one. We would prefer one of the pieces be an aria or song in the Italian language. Chorus auditions will include some sight-singing.
- If auditioning for principal roles, please bring a complete 5-aria audition package along with your resume and headshot.
- Auditions will be held at the Clark Opera Memphis Center (6745 Wolf River Parkway).
- An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music for the accompanist. If you prefer, you may bring your own accompanist.
- Chorus auditions are for ages 18 and up. Children and youth auditions will take place at another date and time as yet to be determined.
- If you are unavailable for the auditions and would like to audition at another time or submit a video recording for consideration, please contact Sarah Squire for more information.