Scroll down to see all posted audition opportunities.
Please email email@example.com with audition-related inquiries.
LOCAL SINGER AUDITIONS
Opera Memphis is looking for Mid-South singers for its upcoming season! Opportunities for classically trained singers and those with experience in musical theatre.
Monday, April 15 | 5:30pm-7:00pm
Tuesday, April 16 | 6:30pm-9:00pm
PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES IN 2019-2020 include
Principal and Comprimario Roles
30 Days of Opera performances (September)
Outreach performances (All Season)
auditions are by appointment only
For any questions or to set an audition time, contact Sarah Squire, Director of Operations, at (901)202-4548 by email.
Things to know for the audition
- Prepare and memorize 2 contrasting songs, however we may only hear one. We would prefer one of the pieces be an aria or song in the Italian language. Chorus auditions will include some sight-singing.
- If auditioning for principal or comprimario roles, please bring your headshot/resumé and list of selections. Please include at least one aria or musical theatre song in English.
- Auditions will be held at the Clark Opera Memphis Center (6745 Wolf River Parkway).
- An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music. If you prefer, you may bring your own accompanist.
- Chorus auditions are for ages 18 and up. Children and youth auditions will take place at an alternate time if needed.
- If you are unavailable for the auditions and would like to audition at another time or submit a video recording for consideration, please contact Sarah Squire for more information.
Clark Opera Memphis Center
6745 Wolf River Parkway
Memphis TN 38120