To apply, please Submit MATERIALS TO JOBS@OPERAMEMPHIS.ORG.
About the company
Opera Memphis delivers at least four major productions per season, in addition to our nationally recognized “30 Days of Opera” during the month of September. Our company has a strong reputation for attracting world-class performers, directors, and musicians. Since our founding, in 1956, we've staged over 200 productions, including numerous regional premieres and world premieres. In addition, we host year-round educational programming and innovative community-outreach activities. With a budget of approximately $1.8 million, Opera Memphis delivers the experience of opera to over 50,000 children and adults each year.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for all marketing needs of Opera Memphis and will report directly to the General Director and Chief Operations Officer. She or he will work in close partnership with the Chief Advancement Officer and Box Office. The Coordinator will collaborate with all departments throughout the season.
The Communications Coordinator will also serve in Box Office when necessary for the full Opera Memphis season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and create all season artwork.
- Design and create all promotional materials for the full Opera Memphis season and Opera Memphis programs (print and digital).
- Manage and maintain the Opera Memphis website.
- Manage and monitor all Opera Memphis social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create and execute social media marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns for all events and productions, education department programs, and venue event rentals.
- Collect and analyze all marketing data for reports to the board and staff.
- Maintain the Opera Memphis branding components and instruct other staff members and artists how to successfully utilize them.
- Design and order all signage for Opera Memphis events.
- Design and order all merchandise for Opera Memphis events.
- Work with Development Department to identify potential opportunities for patron engagement and discounts.
- Manage the Marketing budget and appropriately allocate funds for each program.
- Work with Education Department in developing and executing marketing materials for Education projects.
- Work with Venue Event Rentals in developing and executing marketing materials for appropriate events.
- Create and maintain all email correspondences from Opera Memphis to patrons.
- Design and execute performance-specific and seasonal discounts.
- Create all guidelines for staff and artists in regards to Social Media standards, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain existing relations with marketing vendors and identify opportunities with new vendors.
- Create and maintain reports for emailing segments.
- Work as Box Office assistant during performances.
- Write all Press Releases and program copy for the Opera Memphis season.
- Coordinate videographers and photographers to take archival footage/photos of each production, and take photos and videos at events where no professional videographer or photographer is present.
- Manage the organization or all archival photos, videos, and printed or digital marketing materials.
- As necessary, support University of Memphis Opera Department with marketing efforts, emails, and social media mentions.
- Arrange all radio and television interviews and appearances by Opera Memphis staff and artists.
- Maintain SEO on Opera Memphis website.
- Facilitate timely and efficient communication between marketing department and all other departments.
- Coordinate, set-up, and run all marketing tables at any event involving Opera Memphis.
- Write all Opera Memphis website blog posts OR coordinate and manage freelance writers for the Opera Memphis blog.
- Create, analyze, and give reports on all Post-Event Surveys.
- Collect and distribute any photo/video/or analytics needed for grants.
- Coordinate with and provide marketing support to Opera Memphis's young patrons of the arts group, Camerata.
- Coordinate with marketing professionals at various venues to ensure a smooth execution of Opera Memphis partnership events.
- Solicit program ad purchases from businesses and individuals.
- Other duties related to overall marketing needs as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field and/or equivalent experience required.
- Three or more years of experience in Marketing management or communications, and working in theatre/opera is preferred.
- Experience in Facebook Ads, Facebook Analytics, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience with Hootesuite and Canva (or comparable programs).
- Advanced experience with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, ability to create posts, polls, stories, and more on applicable platforms.
- Experience with Google Drive and Google programs.
- Experience with web design and management - html coding experience not necessary.
- Superior attention to detail and strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously and with grace under pressure.
- Responsible, self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction/supervision, and able to work as a team.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for opera and/or classical music/arts preferred.
- Availability to work nights and weekends for performances, and special events.
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Opera Memphis is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references to Director of Operations, Opera Memphis, 6745 Wolf River Parkway, Memphis, TN 38120 or by email to email@example.com. Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.